Troy, NY is quaint city within the Capital Region that is situated right outside of Albany and nestled next to the Hudson River. It boasts funky (in the best way) restaurants, breweries, coffee shops and much much more. We’ve been lucky enough to live only 10 minutes away and that has given us the opportunity to explore Troy on a couple different occasions. Overall, I think Troy can be seen in two days and I’m always making itineraries so I figured why not put together a 48 Hour Guide for your next trip to Troy. If you enjoy wine, beer, good food, ice cream, sight seeing + coffee, you’ve come to the right place for your Troy to-do list! While there are many things to do in Troy, this list compiles some of our favorites thus far.
1. Start your day by sipping on your brew of choice at Superior Merchandise Company coffee. The coffee is amazing but the shop itself is enough to bring you in.
2. Head next door to enjoy brunch and mimosas at The Shop. The food was incredible and the vibe was even better.
3. If you’re visiting during the summer months, stroll through the Troy Farmers Market. You’ll find a variety of vendors. We enjoyed locally made cider donuts, macaroons and even made friends with tons of adorable pups. There are lots of food available to choose from so be sure to grab some lunch!
4. While you’re in Monument Square on River Street, go snap a photo at the Troy, NY mural. Because your visit didn’t happen if you didn’t get a pic, right?
5. Once you’ve enjoyed your time at the market, go cool off with a cold one at Rare Form Brewing. I somehow forgot to snap a photo here but I posted on stories on IG, so be sure to check out my “new york” highlight here.
6. Finish the day with dinner and a glass of wine in the garden of The Hill at Muza. The pretzel bites are a must.
1. Begin your day with a cup of coffee and brunch at Little Pecks. This cafe boasts the cutest interiors and outdoor patio space.
2. Walk the streets of Troy and head to the waterfront area. You’ll be sure to find some of the cutest brownstones and shops along the way.
3. Sip on a glass of wine and enjoy a cheese + meat board at Lucas Confectionery.
4. Get a mid day treat at the Manoroy’s Ice Cream walk up window. I’m a sucker for a classic vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles! My husband got a vanilla shake with peanut butter and couldn’t stop talking about how perfect it was!
5. Pop into Brown’s Brewing Co for a beer and dinner. Sit on the patio overlooking the water. Even walk around outside where you’ll find a neat mural on the side of the building nearby.
And that’s that! Whatever you do, be sure to enjoy Troy! It’s a hidden gem in upstate New York with and I promise you won’t leave disappointed.