Writing this post has got me thinking about how time flies. I honestly can’t believe it. It’s true what they say.. the older you get, the faster times goes. So here I am, another year older! While it can be bittersweet to be another year older, I also see growing older as a privilege that not everyone gets. I’m thankful for my 27 years thus far and can’t wait for what this age brings! Now, for celebrating - what better way to do that than with a fun facts blog post?!
Here we go…
1. The only condiment I eat is ketchup.
2. My husband and I got married after only dating for 6 months. He was in the military at the time so fast moving relationships were the norm. We’ve now been married for 7 years!!
3. I’ve swear off coffee like every other week but it never sticks. It’s my weakness.
4. My dream job was to be a flight attendant.
5. I’ve never traveled outside of the the US.
6. Taylor Swift is my best friend. She just doesn’t know it. Seriously though, I adore her and I am determined to meet her one day!
7. I don’t drink wine straight - I always mix it with La Croix.
8. I never get the hiccups. Like ever. I think the last time I had them was when I was in elementary school.
9. I clean my house every Friday night. I’m real cool, huh?
10. I don’t eat left overs.
11. I can’t whistle.
12. I won’t leave my house with any kind of appliance on such as dishwasher, dryer or washing machine.
13. I’m always early to events. Not just by a few minutes but by like 10-20 minutes. Every time.
14. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the piano. I adore the way it sounds.
15. Though it doesn’t look it, I actually have super thick hair. Hair appointments for me are usually 3-4 hours. My hair stylist is a saint lol.
16. I’m awful at math. I can only do simple math. Ask me what 36x4 is…. I need a calculator.
17. My husband would say I have a coffee mug hoarding problem.
18. I’m probably the most impatient person you will ever meet.
19. I’ve never donated blood. Only because the sight of my own blood makes me sick. I once cut my finger while slicing celery - I immediately turned white, felt light headed and broke out in a sweat. Getting blood taken at the doctor is a struggle.
20. I avoid driving in the rain. It makes me so anxious.
21. Some of my favorite shows include: Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Greys Anatomy, This Is Us, Handmaids Tale, Game of Thrones, Riverdale, The Office, Stranger Things, The Bachelor/ette,… I could go on.
22. I have one tattoo. I purposely hide it and one day I plan to get it removed. PSA: don’t get a tattoo at 18 when you’re still figuring out who you are as a person.
23. I don’t cook. Which is probably a good thing according to my husband.
24. My guilty pleasure is ice cream. Vanilla with rainbow sprinkles, thank you.
25. I don’t care for fast food. The only time I will really ever eat it is if it’s Chick-Fil-A.
26. I can’t sleep without a fan on.
27. Anytime I’m stressed, nervous or even just too hot, I get super red blotchy spots on my body. Particularly on my chest and neck area. Y’all should of seen me on my wedding day… whew lol.
And that’s it! By the way, writing this was much harder than I thought it would be! Shout out to my husband for helping me think of things. But it was super fun to be able to open up to y’all a bit more. I hope you all enjoyed!