Happy Monday friends! Hope you've all been enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. I always have every Monday off so it just feels like another day to me. Anyway, I posted an ootd photo a couple of days ago and mentioned my iced macchiato drink in it. I got a lot of questions about how I make the drink so I figured I'd document it as I made it this morning!
What you'll need:
1. Coffee grounds. I get the Starbucks Espresso Roast Dark. It has a rich and caramelly flavor.
2. Milk. I choose to use 2% milk but feel free to purchase what you prefer.
3. Caramel syrup. I purchased the Smuckers Sundae Syrup. You can use whatever you'd like, this just happened to be the cheapest lol.
4. Starbucks Vanilla flavoring syrup.
6. I chose to purchase a 24oz tumbler from Starbucks so I could enjoy my drink on the go each morning to work.
How to make the Iced Macchiato:
1. You will need to start by brewing the coffee. I use my Ninja coffee scoop to measure out the coffee. I use the small end and put 3 scoops in. I brew my coffee in a separate mug on the Cup Size of Over Ice Brew setting.
2. Once my coffee is done brewing, I let it cool while I prepare the rest of my drink.
3. I start by adding ice to my travel tumbler. I usually fill it up a little over the half way point.
4. I then add my Starbucks Vanilla Syrup. I typically do 4 pumps.
5. Next is adding in the milk. I usually fill it up to the half way point as well.
6. Once all of that is in there, it's time to add the coffee.
7. Now that all of the coffee is in with the milk and Vanilla Syrup, I will usually throw in a few more ice cubes and then top is off with the Caramel Syrup. I drizzle it on top to my liking.
I've found myself making this just about every morning now. I used to be that person that would go purchase a coffee 3-4 times a week before work. I would also get one when I'd be out and about running errands on the weekends. The cost of that was adding up quickly and considering I have a perfectly good brewing system, I decided I needed to find something that I could make at home. This drink has done the trick for me! I hope ya'll give it a try and enjoy!