Where are you from?
I'm from a tiny little town in South Eastern Georgia. Kingsland is the name and we are located right on the FL/GA line. No one really ever understands where I live so the best way to describe it is that we're outside of the Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville FL area. I was actually born in Charleston, South Carolina but raised here in Georgia after my dad was stationed at Kings Bay while serving in the Navy. I moved away to Jacksonville, NC (Camp Lejeune) for a bit when my husband was serving in the Marine Corps but we moved back here to my home town about 4 years ago after his enlistment was completed.
What camera do you use and who takes your photos?
I have a Olympus Mark III that I use to take 99.9% percent of my photos. Otherwise I use my iPhone 8 Plus. As for my photographer, I'm lucky to have a hubby who does it for me. He's always so great about helping me get the perfect shot. It helps that he actually took photography courses back in high school!
How do you edit and plan your photos?
I use Lightroom to edit my photos. I just recently made two presets on there that I use on all of my photos now. I will occasionally do some adjustments on apps such as Snapseed and ColorStory. As far as planning goes, I use the app UNUM to plan which order photos will get posted in.
Is blogging your job?
I would definitely consider blogging to be a job. A lot of work is put into it. However, it is not my main job, just something I do in my free time. But full time speaking, I work in property management. I've been in the field for 3 1/2 years now. I currently work for a company that manages military housing at a Naval Installation.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I would often get questions on my Instagram about various things. Whether it was about my outfits, where I purchased something or places my husband and I would go, I would always have people DMing or commenting for details. So after much thought, I figured I would start a new blog. I say new because I've actually had other blogs in the past but never managed to stick with them. I finally decided I would find the perfect platform and hold myself accountable when it came to posting. I've been blogging here consistently for over a year now and I'm so thankful I decided to get back into it. It's such a great feeling to have a creative outlet.
What else do you do in your free time?
When I'm not working I am spending my time doing various different things. Days after work usually consist of walking my dog and writing blog posts or doing photos. I attend a Zumba class each week and just recently got into running. Weekends are usually reserved for shopping, brunching and breweries.
What can you tell me about your marriage?
I have been married for S I X years. Holy cow, I can't believe it's already been that long. Anyway, my husband and I met through mutual friends at a get together in August of 2011. We began dating in November of 2011 and married in May of 2012. Yes, it was QUICK. You see, Alan was in the military at the time and for anyone familiar with military lifestyle, you know things tend to move fast. People probably thought we were crazy but I wouldn't change the way things happened. We now own a home, have two fur babies and still manage to love each other more everyday.
Where are you favorite places to shop?
I'm all about budget friendly shopping. Most of my clothing comes from Target, Forever21, Charlotte Russe, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, SheIn and Amazon. I will occasionally shop at other places such as local boutiques, Agaci, Nordstrom, Francescas and Marshalls. I get the majority of my beauty products from Ulta but will shop at Sephora and Sally Beauty from time to time.
What are some fun facts about you?
1. I'm a TV show junkie. I'm obsessed with Greys Anatomy, This Is Us, Riverdale, Stranger Things, The Good Place, A Handmaids Tale etc. I could go on. My absolute favorites are Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls.. all of which I've rewatched several times. I'm also a sucker for "reality TV" aka The Bachelor/Bachelorette and Dancing With The Stars.
2. I love coffee. Like, I think it's a problem lol. I spend way too much money on iced lattes.
3. I'm such a clean freak and organizer/planner. I'm constantly cleaning our house and I hate clutter. I'm forever making to do lists in my phone. Before we travel I always put together an itinerary of what were doing and when.
4. I suffer from Wanderlust. However I've never traveled outside of the US and I've pretty much remained on the East Coast my entire life. My "bucket list" of places is forever long.
5. I could probably live off of Mexican food, pizza, Publix Subs, apples, popcorn, lemonade and Chick-Fil-A.
6. I'm obsessed with Taylor Swift. Not in a creepy way or anything. I've just always loved her music and have always looked up to her. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been a fangirl since Tear Drops On My Guitar and it's still going strong. I even have a stan Twitter account.. sorry not sorry.
What to know more? No problem! Just comment or send me a message. I'd be happy to answer any questions!